-
October 30th, 2004, 03:46 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I am replacing an oil furnace with an electric furnace and need help in sizing the new appliance. Is there some rule of thumb (watts per square foot) that is used? Any assistance would be grealty appreciated.
-
October 31st, 2004, 03:40 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I've heard that; 10 watts per sq ft for 2x4 walls and 7 watts per sq ft for 2x6 walls (depending on the 'R' factor rating of the insulation). But there's a heat loss calculation form that takes into concideration ALL the possible 'heat losses' in the house. ie: room sizes, cement floors, windows, doors etc.
-
October 31st, 2004, 03:45 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Hello,
I don't know much about it myself but a "google search" did produce this site which looks like it might be of some help.
Good luck
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/burema...ose/ce_048.cfm
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks